Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you a game I used to use during my internship with the children which actually worked very well for them to improve into their mathematical skills.
The game was very simple, here I will explain it step-by-step:
- We arrange the children into a row and set a limit time for the game in order to be impartial.
- Then, we start asking mathematical questions to them, one by one.
- If a child does not know the answer to a question we would ask it to the next in the line until someone has it correct.
- The children that were mistaken go, in their order, to the back of the row.
- We will continue playing until the time limit is reached.
- At the end, we can give them marks depending on their position of the row. (I normally started with a 10 for the first one of the row but I never went lower than a 5)
I hope you use this game with your children and I am waiting for your comments on it.
See you soon!